-
April 10th, 2002, 09:00 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Cutting 35mm slide film into S8 format...what do you think about infrared films? I remember that I saw some infrared slide film somewhere in a photostore... how would it look in super 8?
Pedro, could you ask from the Kahl film dude, that could he do the cutting and perforations?
M
-
April 10th, 2002, 10:26 AM
#2
Inactive Member
aw, that would be sooo cool. i shot a few rolls of infrared stills back in the days, and it was lots of fun. pretty hard not seing anything in the viewfinder though, if you want true ir and use a black filter that is...
/matt
-
April 10th, 2002, 10:49 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Matt, was that reversal? I have zero experience in infrared films.
M
-
April 10th, 2002, 06:38 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Pro8mm cut down some Fuji slide film to Super 8mm gauge, put it into cartridges, and included processing with their price for a friend of mine. Aparrently they must do custom jobs like this often.
-
April 10th, 2002, 07:54 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I'm sure it's always expensive to "cut-&-stuff" unless you're going to go into business doing it, and do it in huge quantities.
Where would you get all the cartridges?
I would guess Kodak re-uses them.
Where does Super 8 Sound get theirs, does anyone know?
Matt Pacini
-
April 10th, 2002, 08:51 PM
#6
Inactive Member
hmm, it was negative. i think i developed it in d76 or a t-max kit though, which means a regular b/w reversal process should work too...
/matt
-
April 11th, 2002, 06:37 AM
#7
Inactive Member
So it was b/w film? I saw in finnish Kamera-lehti magazine a few page story about a infrared color film. The pictures were great, very deep blues, weird reds...
I'll try to find that mag from library.
M
-
April 11th, 2002, 06:42 AM
#8
Inactive Member
anyway...no matter slide film stock, but it would be cool if someone could handle the cutting in here Europe too! And those russian Kaccema reloadable cartridges would do fine. (and even hand processing in a Lomo tank)
M
-
April 11th, 2002, 04:05 PM
#9
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
Where would you get all the cartridges?
I would guess Kodak re-uses them.
Where does Super 8 Sound get theirs, does anyone know?
Matt Pacini</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know where they get all of their cartridges but for the Fuji Velvia custom job Barry ordered for us they use a Kodak S8 cart...
-
April 11th, 2002, 06:22 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Well where is Barry at with the info? Black Angus you still around in here? What are the prices that Pro8mm charges for these custom runs? With all the interest in the Velvia order we had a couple months ago, we should make this a regular thing with Pro8mm don't you think? Obviously there is enough interest for more custom jobs.
[img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks